Mathorn MTC series
Dedicated tethering cables
Mathorn cables are first and foremost an accessory that gives fast and stable data transfer between camera and computer. Each product prototype was subjected to multiple laboratory and practical tests during photo shoots, using cameras from leading manufacturers and the most popular tethering applications.
This resulted in USB cables that ensure uninterrupted and efficient operation on set, even during intensive use.
5 meter cables (available in ArcticBlue and Magenta colors)
2 meter cables (available in ArcticBlue and Magenta colors)
High data transfer rates
The Mathorn MTC series tethering cables are made with the USB 3.2 Gen2x1 standard, which has a nominal data transfer rate of 10Gbit/s. Thanks to the highly conductive wires and connectors as well as double shielding of the signal lines, cables provide transfer rates of up to 1000 MB/s, even over a distance of 5 meters.
In practical use, this high data transfer rate makes it possible to transfer, for example, a series of 10 uncompressed RAW files taken with the Sony A1 camera (approx. 102MB each) in just 1 second.
The Mathorn cables and plugs are made of lightweight PVC plastic with increased flexibility and resistance to mechanical damage. As a result, they are not only more durable than conventional USB cables with similar parameters but also more comfortable to use. The special cushioning of the USB-C connector prevents it from breaking and at the same time reduces the risk of damaging the socket in the camera.
The most important features:
- fast and stable tethering with digital cameras of the most popular brands
- USB 3.2 Gen2 10Gbit/s (~1200MB/s) compatibility or USB 3.2 Gen2 20Gbit/s (~2000MB/s) compatibility
- real data transfer of over 1000MB/s over a length of 5 meters or 2000MB/s over a length of 2 meters
- reinforced monolithic plugs designed specifically for cameras
- cushioned USB-C connector prevents it from breaking out
- reinforced cable sheath in bright ArcticBlue or elegant Magenta color
- Power and fast charging with up to 100W (20V, 5A)
- Compatible with VR accessories
- 3-year warranty
|USB specifications||USB 3.2 Gen 2×1
USB 3.2 Gen 2×2
|Maximum data transfer speed||10 Gb/s (~1200MB/s)
20 Gb/s (~2000MB/s)
|Max power rating||60W (20V, 3A)
100W (20V, 5A)
|Length||5 meters (16.4 feet)
2 meters (6.56 feet)
|Materials used||PVC, PE, TC, Al|
|Cable color||ArcticBlue / Magenta|